Q: Will I ban you for it?
A: Probably not. I'll likely just delete or edit your post. Alternatively, I may just reply to it with a warning, and/or lock it. If whether it's political is a gray area, it's probably okay to post, as long as it's nice. I mean, it's okay to talk about things that are political issues if you're not talking about them in a political way (for instance, remarking on how it's hotter these days than it used to be is fine, while saying people are stupid because they don't believe in climate change is not, as that's an argument that is being used politically; plus, it's an insult, and you're not allowed to insult people here).
Q: What if it's not controversial?
A: I might not care. The purpose of forbidding political posts is to help forum members be peaceful and happy. Please don't be offended if I delete or edit your post.
Q: Should I get angry at people who post political stuff?
A: No. Just tell them the rules and/or report the post. Be friendly.
Q: What if it's not political in my opinion, but other people think it is?
A: Then, at moderator/administrator discretion, it will probably be treated the same as if it were political.
• Administrators (not moderators) can post political posts, if desired. You are free to reply politically to administrator posts about politics, if they're not locked (but you must still follow the rules). Do not reference political posts from other threads, unless you're an administrator, or unless you're a moderator doing it for non-political moderation purposes.
• For topics wherein the opening post contains the organic_gardening tag, you may discuss politics related to organic gardening, so long as you are either neutral or have a bias in favor of organic gardening. If you're not an organic gardening proponent, please don't troll these posts. Yes, you can also speak about anti-GMO stuff, food labeling laws, and all that there (only if the opening post includes the tag).
• Same for organic products (including food), except use the organic_ tag.
• For topics wherein the opening post contains the herbalism_ tag, you may discuss politics related to herbalism, so long as you are either neutral or have a bias in favor of herbalism. If you're not a proponent of herbalism, please do not troll those who are.
• In all forums, you may discuss politics related to intellectual property, so long as it's on-topic.
• It's okay to talk about national holidays, political or not.
Location: SW Idaho, USA
USDA hardiness zone: 6
Elevation: 2,260 feet Profile post